When I was recently shopping for a camera there were so many models to choose from that I was overwhelmed and could not make an informed buying decision. As I headed over toward the Canon department I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did they have some impressive models, they had an upgrade from my first generation digital SLR. As I gave the Canon XTi a test drive I found that it had some innovative features of a five star camera. Here is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi review that highlights some of the features I found amazing and other details that provide a lot of value for the money:
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi Features
- Newly Designed Sensor: The XTi has an upgraded 10.1 megapixel complimentary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) sensor which is capable of capturing the fine details of images due to the increased number of pixels it offers. Also, the CMOS chip does not use as much power which makes it ideal for battery-powered cameras.
- DIGIC II Image Processor: DIGIC stands for digital imaging core which is exclusively designed by Canon for signal processing and control units in digital cameras. The advantage of this technology is that it allows the camera to function at higher speeds without consuming a lot of energy. The faster speed results in exceptional quality images that are unmatched when compared to earlier model cameras.
- 2.5-inch LCD Monitor: The professional quality LCD monitor contains 230,000 pixels with a versatile screen that is capable of displaying more than just images. The advantage of this high end monitor is that you can view shooting information and playback at the same time on the same screen. When compared to the previous SLR model this is a step up because everything can also be viewed on a larger screen and at a large variety of different angles.
- 0.2 Second Startup Time: The startup time is unmatched with a lightning fast startup of 0.2 seconds so you can catch an image at the spur of the moment with a shutter that can record images at an impressive speed of 1/4000 seconds.
- Lightweight Zoom Lens: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi lens has a great close up focusing capability of 0.9 feet and contains a specialized coating to reduce shadows and other image obstructions.
- Autofocus System: There is a 9-point AF (autofocus) system in the Rebel XTi. An autofocus system contains a tiny computer that operates a motor to automatically focus the lens for you instead of having to do it by hand.
- 6 Picture Styles: This feature of the canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi is quite amazing for all of the functions it contains. Users can choose from six different picture settings with three additional settings for each picture style. The advantage of this technology is it allows users to adjust the quality of the photo according to the attributes that each setting offers.
- Automatic Off Sensor: This is a nifty feature that turns off the display as soon as it senses the user’s face near the rear panel of the camera. When the screen is off it provides improved vision for the photographer when focusing on an image. This feature is offered on both the XTi and Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi models.
- EF-S Lens: In earlier years Canon provided the EF (electofocus) lens which is a single mount lens system. The EF-S is simply a new lens mount design that is compatible with the EF series and ranges from wide angle to telephoto lens technology.
The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi kit includes powerful software programs that help users extend capabilities to their PC and comes with an EF-S 18-55 MM 3.5-5.6 lens, strap, battery charger, battery pack, USB interface cable, video cable, and software CD-ROM. This model is favored by a wide variety of users and others like me who are upgrading from their SLR. After doing a shopping comparison, I was able to get a great price on the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi here