Powered by WP Greet Box
When the MP3 player was introduced, many people were not aware of how to use them. They had to search for free MP3 player software to use so that they could enjoy their music. The MP3 player opened up a whole new world for music lovers. They could pick and choose songs using an online music service. They could also find songs that were not available in a record store (which, thanks to the MP3 players and computers are becoming harder to find as well). And all of their favorite music could be played on a tiny MP3 player that could fit in their pocket! This is a huge change from the oversized “boom boxes” that young people carried in the 80s!
While free sounds good, nothing is every really free. If you need free software, here are a few tips.
- Almost every type of free MP3 player software has adware and spyware. Spyware can record what you are keying into your computer. That includes passwords and bank account numbers. Spyware is a key component of identity theft. Adware is what brings in those unwanted popup advertisements. These can be annoying if you are trying to research something for work or school on the Internet.
- If you do a scan of your computer and find pornography (and you know you didn’t do it!), it most likely came when you downloaded free MP3 software. This is how the porn sites can claim they have so many hits and subscribers. Be very careful about what you put on your computer!
- Some of the files could be spoofs. That means your passwords and user names are compromised.
If you need MP3 software and you are on a budget, how can you make sure you don’t download something that will harm your computer? Here‘s some quick advice to keep you computer safe while you enjoy your favorite tunes:
- Do a lot of research. Here is where a lot of people go wrong when it comes to free MP3 player software. They love the fact that it is free but don’t consider other factors such as the spyware and adware that is included. Find a site that compares the different types of software and gives details about how to download these players. Most of the comparisons will alert you to any dangers of downloading. These comparisons will also discuss all the nuances of the software such as the compatibly with other software.
- Make sure the software is compatible with your player. For examples, Apple IPod requires ITunes. You may have to spend a lot of time reading the fine print to make sure the software will work for you. While something may be free, it is no good if you can’t use it!
- Sometimes things are only free for a limited time. There are tons of free trials online. But eventually, you will have to pay. And if you download the software, you will lose access once the free trial period is over. Consider this when making a decision.
Thanks to the Internet, a lot of free software is available. Some of the sites are www.freedomdownloadscenter.com and www.mp3starfish.com. When downloading free MP3 player software, just make sure that you don’t download something harmful. Once the download is complete, you can sit back and enjoy the music!