Powered by WP Greet Box
The MP3 player changed the way that people listened to music. CD’s, which has replaced vinyl records and cassettes, were replaced by the Apple IPod and others. With so many songs out there, a free MP3 ripper has become a must have for music enthusiasts. Most computers have the ability to download songs from CD’s onto the computer. But if they don’t, you can use the ripper.
Free MP3 rippers are popular because MP3 players are popular. MP3 players can:
- Play more music than a CD. Most CD’s are just over an hour long. If you want to have continuous music, listen to songs on your MP3 player.
- You can have songs from a variety of artists. A CD is a compilation of songs from one artist.
- You can pick and choose your songs. You can pick the best songs from all of the artists you love. Kenny Chesney may be your favorite singer, but you may not like all of the songs on his CD. In this new age of technology, you can download only the songs you like from his CD. These songs can be combined into a play list with other artists you like.
- An MP3 player is even more portable than a CD player. Most MP3 players can fit into your pocket. And they offer the same sound quality as a CD player.
A free MP3 ripper will take the songs from your CD’s and copy them on to your computer. The songs are converted to the MP3 format so that they can be downloaded onto your listening device. However an MP3 ripper is good for all kinds of items, including DVD’s and audio CD’s.
You can find a free ripper in many places online. The sites http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/mp3_ripper.html and www.cnet.com can direct you. However, you need to use cautions. Here are some of the downsides:
- Some of the free MP3 rippers are very slow. You can tie up your computer for hours trying to download your favorite music. If you use your computer for work, this may not be feasible. See if you can find a review that tells you how long it will take to download this onto your computer.
- You may think the ripper is free, but in fact it is only a free trial. Most music companies that offer downloads will give trials from one week to an entire month. But eventually, you will be asked to pay the monthly fees. These fees can be expensive if you are on a budget. You should know that if you download music during the free trial, you won’t be able to hear it once the free trial is over.
- Many of the free sites include spyware and adware. This can damage your computer system or include viruses that will crash your system. Your Internet history will be monitored and you may see a lot more spam in your inbox. Be careful when downloading anything to your system, particularly if it is free. However, if you have good antivirus software, you should catch any malware before it is on your computer.
If you are a music lover, you probably have a MP3 player. And if you don’t have a way to convert your music to your MP3 player, a free MP3 ripper is a good way to get your music.