Have you ever been in the market for something and there are so many options you are more confused at the end of your search than when you started? I know just how you feel and I recently went through this while shopping the market for a high quality racing wheel that would provide me with the closest experience possible to an authentic race car driving experience.
Well after performing an extensive search and comparing gaming equipment I came across the awe-inspiring Logitech G27 Racing Wheel. I was so overwhelmed by this incredible racing game configuration that I decided to create a review that I could share with others who are endlessly searching like I was.
Logitech G27 Key Features and Benefits
Although there is nothing like the real experience and feel of driving an authentic race car, the Logitech G27 sure comes close to an awesome driving experience. Although you have to study the G27 to determine the differences from its predecessor the G25, there are some great features hidden underneath the similar look of finely crafted leather steering wheel and brushed stainless steel components.
- Logitech G27 Paddle Shifters: First, there is the biggest change from the G25 which is the shifter which previously consisted of internal switches and now boasts hefty external switches. The paddle shifters also allow you to keep your hands on the wheel for faster shifting and improved handling.
- Exclusive Push-Down Reverse Gear: The six-speed shifter also offers a push-down reverse gear that allows you to choose the precise gear quicker than the G25.
- Cool New Steering Wheel Features: The 11-inch racing wheel provides an authentic experience and instead of the two red buttons on either side, the wheel now sports two sets of three on either side with a cool looking row of LED lights at the top to indicate when the user should shift gears. The buttons are readily available since they are located very close to the edge of the steering wheel near the gripping point.
- Logitech G27 Brake and Clutch: Now the sturdy stainless steel gas, brake, and clutch pedals are adjustable for awesome precision and improved shifting control to provide a more realistic experience.
- Powerful Dual-Motor Force Feedback: Although the force feedback was already awesome in the G25 model, the Logitech G27 kicks it up to another level by adding a dual-motor force feedback with helical gearing. Helical gears are gears that are cut at an angle instead of a conventional spur gear to provide improved accuracy when simulating traction loss, weight shift, and road feel. The helical gears also help to provide steering action that is significantly quieter than the G25.
- Adaptable System Requirements: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel is compatible with all PCs that operate on Windows XP or Vista and the unit requires at least 20 MB of available hard disk space, one USB port, and a CD-ROM drive. The G27 is also adaptable to PlayStation 3 including the GT5 Prologue and PlayStation 2 computer entertainment systems. It also contains Live for Speed which is a support system for racing wheels and peripheral devices such as mice, keyboards, joysticks, and gamepads. Live for Speed also provides realistic simulations for a complete racing experience that is the best thing next to going to the race track.
What I like the most about the Logitech G27 is the upgraded adjustable pedals and smoother internal configuration thanks to the helical gear technology. If you want the most up-to-date innovations in gaming technology you will enjoy the Logitech G27 with its flashy new LED lighting system and awesome paddle shift technology. You can find a great deal on the G27 by clicking here.